Thursday, September 11, 2008

Something old, something new

On occasion, my darling husband rescues something headed for the garbage and brings it home. He's a wonderfully simple man who can find use in things that are "perfectly good" even if they are out of date and old. I am a simple girl who refuses to spend money on new-fangled stuff but loves to reuse old things, thereby making them new, cheap and exactly what I want!

The newest project (it's sometimes these kinds of projects that distract me from sitting down and working on real art!) turned out quite nicely, I think. Joel brought home two ottomans, I hated the cloth and the color clashed with the living room, but they were still very squishy and in good shape. Here's what they looked like:


I went off to a wonderful cloth store nearby and for $6.06 plus the cost of staples made two new ottomans that are so pretty in the living room! I'm very happy about this as I spent probably a half hour in the cloth store deliberating over which cloth I should get. I think they turned out well. Sometimes one man's trash really is another man's treasure!