Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm Back!

So sorry about my blogging hiatus! I guess I've been a tad busy! Just got handed a huge project that will take a miracle to finish at work. Though I don't mind being busy the extra hours and stress of wanting to do a good job in a short amount of time takes it's toll.

Had my wonderful sister and brother-in-law for a visit. It was fun to have them but sad to say goodbye. We went to the zoo, made a silly movie and ate a lot!

Then Joel and I went on vacation to Vermont. We toured the Cabot cheese factory, learned how maple syrup is made and saw beavers in the lake looking for dinner. We're back now and trying to get used to the humidity and the fact that it STILL doesn't appear to be summer here in New England. I have patience....summer is coming.

This week it's Father's Day, my dad's birthday and my baby sister's birthday....! Yikes! So much going on lately I've had to choose between relationships and family time or artwork and as you can see from the lack of new artwork.....

I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things in the coming weeks but who knows, maybe this more relaxed me will have to stay around for awhile. People are still coming up with some amazing things for the latest IF topics. I admit I have a hard time looking at other artists work and being inspired.....most of the time I'm just amazed and jealous! We always think that creativity comes so naturally to others than to ourselves. I do anyway!

I have some more monkeys to show you soon that I hope to be including as a personalized art in my Etsy shop soon. There's also some other ideas rolling around my head, we'll see what actually comes out.

1 comment: