Monday, May 18, 2009

For the love of Blogging

Okay, that's it. I've just realized it. I like blogging. Despite all my best intentions, I really do. I desire a simple, minimalistic, naturally beautiful life....I view computers, gaming systems, and the internet with aloof disdain. After having a job that requires a computer for over 7 years I still wouldn't know how to set one up myself (it's okay, you can be embarassed for me). I think people get sucked into staring at a screen and buying the latest gadget instead of spending time with real people or solving real problems in our world.

But you know what? In the short time that I've been blogging, using Etsy, Artfire, Deviant art and the like, I've found a whole bunch of amazing and interesting people I might not otherwise have the privilege to know and learn from. In the journalistic world of blogs I can learn from other peoples mistakes with money like this guy, or find even more ways to be frugal like her. And then there are the days I stumble upon hard to read blogs like BringTheRain and I feel so completely immersed in the heartbreaking story of someone I've never met.

Lately I am thankful for how this technology has led me to real artists that I can learn from and interact with. I am so excited to let you in on the newest idea I have cooked up for this bloggy. Interviews with the Illustrators! I will be publishing interviews from some of the amazing people I have met online through one connection or another. I know that you will love getting to know them and seeing their awesome creativity. It definitely inspires me! Stay tuned for my first Interview with an Illustrator featuring my new bloggy friend Carmen Keys!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! What a great idea! And all of our circles widen...

    ReplyDelete