Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mama!

This post is too late for Mother's Day but it doesn't really matter does it? The minute you find out you are pregnant, you are and will always be, a mother. Every day is mother(ing) day even when your babies are all grown up. So now we have a day to stop and appreciate our mothers and honor them for all they've done. As if we can really sum it all up or pay it all back in a day. Ha!

This Mother's Day, Joel and I decided to host a lovely brunch for our families at our house. Joel expertly made tons and tons of pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. It was yummy and fun and we had a wonderful time.


My mother-in-law, Gail, and her babies.

My mom, Debbie, and her babies, minus Cristi and Ben. (And I suppose my dad isn't her baby, but he's often been referred to as the oldest child....!)

Later that night I was excited to hear that my mom, who just recently set up a blog and an Etsy shop, sold her first item!!! Wow! She was excited and I was very happy because my mom deserves success in whatever she does. She has always been interested in natural healthcare remedies and products. She started looking into glycerin soap when she found out how much more beneficial it was to our skin. She's been selling soap at craft fairs and soap parties ever since! If you are interested in my wonderful, gracious momma and her endeavors in the land of home-made soap, check out her blog here or on the link in my sidebar. She's just started listing yummy soap bars in her Etsy shop which you can see here. It's too bad you can't smell them through Etsy because the scent is amazing!

I love you Mom. And I wish you lots of success in this crazy cyber world.

No comments:

Post a Comment